|Contact: Robin Oliver
Office: (205) 322-5646 ex. 103
Cell: (205) 612-0551
A Social Affair to cater inaugural Cocktails in the Garden series
First menu will spice up Birmingham Botanical Gardens event
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – August 6, 2007 – A Social Affair has partnered with the Birmingham Botanical Gardens for its inaugural Cocktails in the Garden series, kicking off Thursday, August 16.
Cocktails in the Gardens will take place Aug. 16, Sept. 13 and October 18 in the Rushton Garden, tucked just behind the BBG library. The event features hors d'ouevres by A Social Affair and cash bar as well as fun take-home arrangement activities courtesy of Flower magazine. The event is free to Gardens members and $5 for non-members.
A Social Affair designed a drink and menu theme for each affair – Mint & Mojitos for August, Teas Olives & ‘Tinis for September and Pumpkins & Pomegranates for October. The August menu will include:
• Tobago Escabeche, fiery island shrimp & calamari with lime vinegar, garlic, fresh ginger,
• Carribean pepper, allspice & nutmug
• St. Barts chilled avocado & mango shooters
• Havana Corizo & Black Bean Empanadas fried onsite with sweet pineapple relish
• Antiguan Spiced Rubbed Chicken grilled on site with guava chipotle ketchup
• Mojito-cured side of mahi mahi served with plantain chips
• Emparedado: Cuba’s traditional sandwich prepared on site with roast pork, ham, mancheco
• cheese & mojo sauce.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with the Gardens to bring this event to life,” said Jim Cobb, owner of A Social Affair. “We always enjoy the opportunity to design original menus that add personality to a dinner or party.”
For more information about A Social Affair or for help planning your next event, call (205) 871-8494.
A Social Affair is a Birmingham, Ala.-based full-service catering business with 21 years of experience. The company’s capabilities run the gamut from catering small dinner parties to serving up food for 60,000 in the aftermath of Gulf Coast hurricanes. The company also owns Gourmet To Go, a carry out dinner service based in Mountain Brook, Ala.